Sunday, March 11, 2012

Intro



While trying to figure out a title for my blog I went through some typically cliched names. I wanted to integrate a personality trait along with a movie title. Without sounding too corny yet still representing a sense of my quirky film obsession, I was going to go with "Lost In Translation." I often feel what I say and think is lost on others. However, I felt "Lost in New York" would be more fitting since it narrowed down my sense of feeling like I've never truly belonged in this big city.  As you read on through my weekly musings perhaps I'll enlighten you as to why that is. I'm not sure where to start or how else to introduce myself so I figure I'll begin my postings with a review of the latest DVD I watched. For anyone who knows me, there is nothing I feel more passionate about than books and movies.  Don't ask me about history or engineering or politics and definitely not religion. I keep up with one main facet of life and that's entertainment. In a nutshell, pop culture has kept me alive and running like a well oil machine all these years.

2 comments:

  1. Good blog title. You wouldn't have wanted to steal a popular movie's title, anyway! I would be interested in knowing why you never felt like you belonged in NYC--that's an interesting concept! Very cool picture, too.

    Welcome to Blogsville.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the welcome :) I'm glad you're interested in that concept, keep reading then! Perhaps the more you read the less explanation you'll need. You'll come to understand soon enough. (I hope that's further intrigued you!)

    ReplyDelete